AIPH Official Australian Visit – October 2017
Pictured – NSW Parliament House (left to right) – Tim Briercliffe, Secretary General AIPH – Steven Haggart, Founder & MD Australis 2020 – Damien Tudehope MP, State Member for Epping – Bernard Oosterom, President AIPH – Kevin Chung, Chair AIPH International Marketing Committee – the Hon. Scott Farlow, Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier.
Australis founder Steven Haggart, recently hosted the ‘Association of International Horticulture Producers (AIPH) senior executive, for a 5 day ‘official visit’ to Sydney.
The AIPH is the peak international body that approves and supports these events and approval was for Australis 2020 to be held in Sydney from September 2020 until March 2021.
Grahm Ross, Chair of the Australian Garden Council (AGC) arranged tours of the Royal Botanic Gardens and Calyx project with theExecutive Director Kim Ellis and Garden Director, Anthony Dunsford together with the multi-award winning Barangaroo Headland Reserve on Sydney Harbour, with CEO of Barangaroo Delivery Authority, Craig Van der Laan.
The delegates enjoyed historic Bronte House, and stopped at Vaucluse House where they were joined by the Australian Prime Minister, Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP.
The Sydney visit included:-
- meetings at NSW Parliament House, hosted by the Hon Scott Farlow and Damien Tudehope MP, (Pictured above)
- a tour of the preferred site at Sydney Olympic Park with SOPA CEO Charles Moore
- tours of various nurseries, facilitated by AGC Director Robert Renolds
- meetings with Tourism Australia
- a private tour of Opera House,
- the historic Rocks and a harbour cruise.
The delegates expressed how impressed they were by Sydney and the Australis proposal on several occassions.